View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 04:43 PM   #13
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya3124 View Post
Do you happen to have the exterior dims or fridge brand/model number? I want to replace our 3-way with an AC powered model as we always have electricity when we camp.
If you are still interested in doing this, Best Buy has a 4.5cu ft Frigidaire fridge/freezer on sale for $219.

I hate to admit it but I really screwed up in finalizing the install on my Sanyo fridge but I learned a valuable lesson that others my benefit from.

I made trim moldings to finish off the front of the cabinet and secure the fridge the same way that the original fridge was secured. I simply cut some 3/4' oak to fill the space between the cabinet and the fridge. Then I faced that with 1 1/2" x 3/4" thick molding that screwed into the space on one side and the fridge cabinet on the other. The mistake that I made was screwing the spacer into the side of the fridge with 1" long sheet metal screws. I figured, "what could it hurt, there's nothing but insulation between the sheet metal on the outside of of the fridge and the plastic interior of the fridge with about 3/4" of insulating foam in between". WRONG!!!!! Little did I know, there are refrigerant lines running back & forth in that area and I happened to puncture one and destroyed the fridge.

I spent the whole day installing the new Frigidaire fridge and trimming it out. This time, I used 3M VHB double sided tape to secure the new trim moldings to the fridge. Then screwed the trim moldings to the face of the cabinet. Now I just need to fill the screw holes and stain the wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4183.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	21420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	21424   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4187.jpg
Views:	82