View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 12:23 AM   #11
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
Those latches have been hard to open on every TM that I've ever owned. We also carry a short piece of 2x4 and simply give the latch handle a wack to release it. i also put a thin coat of grease on the friction surface of all 4 latches every once-in-awhile.

I realize that the latches can be adjusted but I'm not real anxious to do that. As we are bouncing our way down the highway, there must be a fair bit of tension on all of the latches to avoid one or more popping open when you don't want it to. Although, even if the latch does pop open, it's not a big deal. It's not like the roof is going to fly open while going down the freeway.
DW was having an issue undoing the latches (and breaking a fingernail in the process!...The horror). So I made her a cheater bar of sorts. I had some 3/4 PVC laying around so I cut a piece about 10" long and what ya know worked perfectly. Gave her the leverage she needed to unlatch "her side". I gave it a lanyard, and some red tape rings around it too...just so she couldn't lose it!
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote