View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #31
Joelthewelder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyTR View Post
Congrats on your NU2U TM. I have enjoyed reading this thread. Good info! Thanks.
Thank you Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
Congratulations on you new hobby........ Everyone has to have a hobby, RIGHT!!!. Might as well be a TrailManor.

Here's a suggestion for your A/C unit. I bought this 7,500BTU inverter A/C for our bedroom so that we don't have to run the central air while we are sleeping (kind dumb, in my mind).

I am amazed at how well this thing cools and it is a quite as the mini-splits. All we hear is a whisper light sound of whooshing air coming out of the air distributor. Can't hear the compressor at all.

I'm thinking of taking the roof A/C off our TraiManor and replacing it with one of this.

When I first turn it on in a warm room, it draws about 800W for the 1st 30 minutes or so. As the room cools, the wattage slowly drops (as the compressor slows) until about 300W, (I have a wall outlet watt meter).This type of compressor doesn't need that drastic surge of power that is a generator killer. This thing would easily run on a 1500W generator, I think.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V1BBWS9...t_details&th=1
Thanks, I have been looking at those, i like the inverter quietness
but did not realize they can hit 300 watts! Nice..

i had this westinghouse just sitting here. It draws 515 amps on startup and drops to 450 watts after a while. Scouring the web, i dont see anything smaller than it, that uses less power really until now.

Thanks again.
Joelthewelder is offline   Reply With Quote