Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #9
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Whet works for me is to put together a list of musts and wants: things my target - be it a car or trailer or computer must do/have. And what I want it to have. Be blue sky with this.

Then once you have that list (and make sure it is complete) you can compare potential solutions. Miss one "must" or three "wants" is grounds for elimination.

Once there are candidates find out everything possible about each. I consider on-line service manuals and an active forum of owners a big plus.

When dealing with something not known well, I generally find a good used one first to find out if it lives up to its billing. Exceptions are made occasionally when everything is right and a good deal is available when needed but in general prefer top-of-the-line models that are a few years old so about 5-10 years old and 1/5-1/7 of the new price with about half again to make it what I think it should be.

At this point I am not feeling that you really know what you want so a list is good but don't settle for anything unless it is right in every respect. It has taken me up to a year to find what is wanted but generally it only takes a few months.

Does sound like your tow car should be able to handle anything up to a 2922 but the 2720 is the most common. Mine is an SL(QS) and is slowly getting the way it must be.

Just completed the biggest hurdle: air conditioning when dry camping. It can be done.