View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #4
YNPKing

Kate,

Last year, my wife and I traveled 8,000 miles out west and we both enjoy the 2417KS Sport. We chose the KS because of the comfy chair but it turned out it was discontinued before our delivery last May. Regardless, it has worked out well for the 2 of us. Our requirements were that it must fit in the garage (height), hard sided (bears in NP), comfortable (options), low cost, easy to tow (low profile, narrow, reduced weight). Also, a side benefit is no TV extended mirrors (narrow) or a WDH (heavy to lift).

I only have one caution and that is that the TV is important. It has been pointed out many times in this forum that the published weight specs are significantly low when compared to real life. We have all the options, except for, electric tongue jack, solar, hanging cabinets. In addition, we also have 2 AGM batteries, one on the left side and one centered under the sofa. Ed, who retired from the TN factory said, originally the 2417 was never intended to carry all these options. With 2 full propane tanks, 2 batteries up front, and a retracted (pulled in) sofa area, you can expect the tongue weight to be in the 550# weight range which is nowhere close to the 300# specs. So, unless the factory has moved the axle location forward on the 2015 models, beware of the tongue weight load on the TV. Fortunately, my 2014 Jeep GC has max. GTW 6,200# and max. tongue Wt 620#. And, I agree with Padgett that this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

LoveToCamp - What was your experience with tongue weight on both models of the 2417?

Good Luck.