View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #10
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

If you examine a 220v plug end and the RV plug, they are similar but different. Both are close in size and weight and a 3 prong terminal end but one of the 3 is a slightly different angle and will not fit to each other. Also, there is a small metal tang on one of the 220v prongs that is specific to 220v.

I had an instance camping where my power pole cord end shorted out and melted. We ventured out on a holiday weekend looking for a repair end. I examined a 220v end backwards and forward for a temporary repair and it will not adapt.

Some of what the OP offers for questions related to a conversation with the seller suggests to me that the seller is not an informed seller or owner of the TM. The missing awning is a red flag to me in terms of a quality unit. It's a red flag for other maintenance issues or items. Questions arise to me as whether the original AC is installed, is the original refrigerator still installed, any water leaks, flooring issues, lighting that does not work in some areas of the floorplan that indicate electrical issues. Do your due diligence to answer many questions that you may have and others are asking. If you decide to see the TM in person, take a friend that is reasonably acquainted with RV in general as a second pair of eyes to look for potential issues.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote