View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 06:13 AM   #4
Terryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthayes View Post
Hello,

I am currently looking at a 2007 Trailmanor 2720 to purchase off of Craigslist. I've been looking for a Trailmanor for quite some time as its lightweight design is exactly what we need. However, I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer:

1) I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna with the factory towing package. Do you think I will be okay pulling this trailer? I realize their website says it's okay, but I'd love to hear from real owners.

2) The owner says that the AC only runs on 220v. Is this correct? If so, does that mean I have to carry a generator if I want to run the AC? I was hoping I could run the AC at any RV park with plug-ins.

3) The owner knocked the awning off (I'm assuming when trying to park it). How much should I estimate for a new awning?

4) Are there any known issues with the 2007 models?

5) Does the trailer have electric brakes?

I think those are all my questions for now. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Kurt
1. I,m sure that your Toyota will be OK if it has a factory towing package. Unless you are towing in the Rockies a lot.
2.If it has a 220 volt AC it must have been replaced. I don't know of any TM 's that ever had a 220 volt AC.
3. I'm sorry I can't tell you the value of a new awning.
4. I've not heard of any specific issues with the 2007 TM's
5. Yes it does have electric brakes.

Having said all that let me tell you to make sure you actually see the TM before committing to buy it. There are TM scammers on Craigs List. I know, I almost got suckered into sending money for one that was a scam. It too was a 2007 2720. If the seller only wants you to communicate via e mail and to send the money on Green Dot cards run don't walk away from it.
I hope it is a lagitimate offer and that you will enjoy it a lot if you purchase it.

Let us know what you do, and if you do buy it the next thing you need to do is to send in your $ 12 to join this site so you can continue enjoying all the good info on here.

Terry