View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthayes View Post
Hello,

I am currently looking at a 2007 Trailmanor 2720 to purchase off of Craigslist. I've been looking for a Trailmanor for quite some time as its lightweight design is exactly what we need. However, I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer:

1) I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna with the factory towing package. Do you think I will be okay pulling this trailer? I realize their website says it's okay, but I'd love to hear from real owners.

2) The owner says that the AC only runs on 220v. Is this correct? If so, does that mean I have to carry a generator if I want to run the AC? I was hoping I could run the AC at any RV park with plug-ins.

3) The owner knocked the awning off (I'm assuming when trying to park it). How much should I estimate for a new awning?

4) Are there any known issues with the 2007 models?

5) Does the trailer have electric brakes?

I think those are all my questions for now. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Kurt
Welcome and good luck on your purchase.

1. My own opinion is the tow rating should be 5000 lbs or better. That's an opinion.

2. Although the TM power cord looks like 220v, and looks like a common household laundry dryer 220v plug, it is not. It's an RV specific plug and will operate on 110v. What the seller may be suggesting is the AC requires a circuit of at least 30amp to run the AC. You can use an adapter on the TM power plug end to reconfigure it to then plug the TM to your standard house or garage wall plugs using a standard 3 prong extension cord. Most homes wall plugs are 20a breaker fuse. The AC in the TM requires at least 20a to start running and may blow or trip the breaker. It's not safe to operate it that way for many reasons.

When you use a an RV camp site with full hookups, the power pole is 110v with plugs at 30amp breakers or 50amp for larger RV use.

3. Yes, the awning can be replaced. Google the manufacturer Fiamma, http://www.fiammausa.com

4. I'm not aware of any issues with the 2007 model year.

5. Yes, the TM has electric brakes. Most US states require brakes on towed vehicles that weigh more than 2000lbs and the TM will weigh a minimum of 3500lbs or more loaded with extras. The tow vehicle will require a 7 way plug that connects to the TM hitch. The tow vehicle will require an electric brake controller to be installed and located in the drivers compartment area under the dash. When installed correctly and operated correctly, when the driver steps on the tow vehicle brakes, the trailer brakes are actuated in direct proportion to slow the trailer properly.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote