Thread: Some Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I've owed a 3124KB (King Bed) for a few years and had a tandem axle 3325 back in the late 90's. The KB models are spacious and with the front bed can accommodate another couple. With privacy curtains on both ends, you can literally be 30ft apart. Camping is a mostly outdoor activity, so 2 couples hold up inside most 30ft campers will probably feel cramped by the end of the day. I've only experienced odor issues on hot summer days. Limit the solid use and use a good chemical product and you should be ok for a few days. We prefer full hook ups when we camp so I can dump and recharge everyday if necessary.

I've also wondered about loading Kayaks. Not tried it yet, maybe this spring and summer. Since you would load the kayaks after closing down the roofs, and remove them before opening, not sure why the torsion bars would need to be retuned as mentioned.

Your TV should pull very well with the TM. The 1 mile per gallon decrease reference is not typical. Without towing, I'm at 18mpg. Towing, I'm at 14.5 to 15. So, the best I can figure with easy towing would be 3mpg difference. Certainly much better than the 8-10 decrease or more for a conventional upright travel trailer.

The AS is a heavy beast of a trailer and darn well worth the money they sell for. TM is not a heavy beast and is not expected to be one either. Almost apples to oranges comparable. Lightweight, no sway, ease to maintain, unconventional popup. Not a unit that will allow for use while stopped for a quick bathroom use or quick picnic as an upright TT will offer. Has limitations and is a crowd pleaser when setup. If all you've seen is reading and viewing material on the TM, I recommend you visit one in person and examine how it opens, closes, stores, bath size, storage space, ins and outs.

Good luck,

RV

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote