View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Agree with comments above. Aside from a different TV, the option of loading it on a carrier to the front of the current TV appears to be the only option. On my TM unit, it came pre owned to me and has a trailer ball on my rear bumper. I believe the previous owner towed a small aluminum fishing boat. That tandem tow is not something I've ever really considered. The tongue weight on the rear bumper for a bicycle rack is an issue that the factory suggests we don't do back there so can't imagine a motorcycle trailer. The TM is set up to have a weighty hitch to reduce sway and any altering by adding weight to the rear bumper is not recommended. As you say, maybe in the future you may move to a PU truck. I routinely carry my heavy cruiser motorcycle in my truck bed and tow my TM. Just returned from Big Bend NP 10 days ago with that combo, 1300 miles round trip. 13-14 MPG with first generation Tundra with 4.7v8.

I've got a small vintage 500cc motorcycle that weighs less than 350lbs. I would guess your 125cc bike would be around 200lbs? Sounds doable on the front of your TV. I would recommend you research the redistribution of weight on the front axle and how that changes the steering dynamics while towing as well. Someone smarter than me may come along here shortly and offer advice in that specific area. In your post, you refer to mounting to the front bumper. I'm sure you mean to say using an appropriate size receiver hitch with equally appropriate carrier that is mounted to the frame of your TV.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote