View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
Lecompte

Default Future Newbie Seeking Some Direction

Hello, and thank you for this forum. My home is in South Louisiana where it gets very hot in the summer. I am doing lots of research for a travel trailer. Currently in my early 60's and contemplating at some point in the future to head to the Smoky Mountain area every summer to escape this heat. I realize it gets hot in that area also but at least in the evenings it cools off somewhat. And I simply love that part of the country.

Here is my biggest dilemma/hurdle/obstacle that is in my way. I own a 125cc scooter that I love to ride in the mountains and back roads. Because my tow vehicle at this time is a SUV (Mountaineer V-6), how and where can I possibly put my scooter on the trailer in my annual planned trek to the Smoky Mountains?

Have looked at all the Trail Manor forums, etc. and don't think rear attachment is feasible. Do I explore placing it on the front bumper of the tow vehicle?

This is a great forum with wonderful contributors and reading even if I am not in my camper yet. Must admit I have not seen this opportunity that I have described anywhere on the forum. Please don't suggest another tow vehicle as that is obvious and maybe something that will eventually have to happen. My current tow vehicle is in excellent condition and PAID FOR!!!!! Have even given some thought about renting a truck to haul the scoot in the back and pull the travel trailer, but that is more added expense.

Your thoughts and comments are truly appreciated.

Lecompte
Lecompte is offline   Reply With Quote