View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 06:06 AM   #9
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
I camp in my 2417 when it is below freezing. I do have to put RV antifreeze into my gray tank, though, so I can still open the drain valve. Other than that, I have no problems.

I have been under 25° two nights in a row, no problem whatsoever, as it gets above 40° during the day. I did one night of 9°, and one of 20° back-to-back, and only had the gray drain freeze on me (before I thought about antifreeze).

It depends on how long you will be camping, how winter camping works out for you. I use two bottles of propane for 6 nights of heater use. I have solar, so my batteries top-off daily, so the drain on batteries by the furnace fan is not an issue for me, as of yet.

You can stay warm, but if temps are below freezing, your heater will cycle-on frequently. Be sure you have sufficient propane.
This is why we are taking the Mr Heater Buddy along, it uses less propane.
Nether heater is run at night, all lines will be drained as we will use a 2 1/2 gal jug for water. We have been camping when the five gal jugs have frozen.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote