View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #17
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlindstrand View Post
Thanks again, I think I will have to adjust torsion bars. The latches though, I'm talkin about the ones when its open. They are silver and you swing them up into a little notch, I could only get 3 of the 4 into the notch, I didn't want to force those, any advice on getting those secured?
Our Tm did required a little fwd aft pushing to get all these latches in the right place when we got it. All of mine were off, with one by about 1/2 inch. I now have it so 3 are dead on and only one is off by 1/8" and some day I will re-adjust that one.

Ideally all 4 latches should come up and hole is right on the pins without pushing the shell fwd/aft and just pushing in on the side a little. In the pocket of the raised shell there is an adjustment bolt on each side of the shell. It's on the end on the arms closest to the rear for the rear shell, and closest to the front on the front shell. You can only see the adjustment bolt when you lower the shell and you look from underneath.

I used a 7/16 wrench to tightened the bolt if that side of the shell went to far. You loosen if it did not travel far enough. I needed to spray the bolts with WD40 and let it sit about an hour before I could adjust.

You should be able to pull up the shell and pull it all the way back or forward and then go to these latch and move them up onto the pins with out pushing the shell fwd/aft. You will need to push in on the shell a little.

The door side is the most important to have the latch and pin alignment with out pushing fwd/aft to get the latch on the pin. This is because it maintains good door aliment. It's okay push in a little on the side. So do the door side first.

The ratio with the play to bolt depth for me was about 1:1. What I would do is move the bolt until you went to far then back it off until you are right on. It is a lot of up and down with the shell to get it right.

I found that after I adjust the shell, it needed minor readjustment after it was used a few times. It stabilized with the same alignment every time, after the second adjustment.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote