View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Configurations each have their advantages and disadvantages. We had a 2417 Sport KB (beds at both ends), then got a 2417 KD (dinette).

KB you have to climb over/through the dinette to get to the bed. No horrible, but it makes it easier if you collapse the dinette table. Least amount of floor space with this model.

KS (sofa) gives the most floor space, but I would not want it for sleeping. It is shorter across than the dinette converted, as the sofa arms take about 6" away from the trailer width. Some have said sofa arms are removable on some models, but that still is a split "mattress" to be sleeping on.

Dinette, to me, would be more comfortable and roomy than the sofa. I will find out in a couple weeks, as I will have four of us in a KD. All adults. One will be sleeping on the floor (last to commit to the trip).

We replaced the foam mattress with a double-twin Coleman air mattress setup from Camping World. I inflate it when we arrive (12v pump, done in total of 3 minutes), deflate it before packing to leave, and leave all bedding and extra 3" egg-crate foam in-place. Simple setup, in my mind.

If you have a chance to look at some in-person, that will help with most of your questions, regardless of the size of the TM.

Have fun looking!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote