View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #25
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Okay, I'll bite.

If there is an awning, take it off and save maybe 25#. If the AC doesn't work, take it off, and save maybe 100#, but you would then have to plug the hole. Potential for leaks.

If you take out the 'fridge, and replace it with an ice chest, the ice and cooler weight will likely be at least half of the weight you just removed, so maybe a savings of 20#. But, with the 'fridge under the stove, you still need the cabinet. What good is a cabinet if it is not holding stuff?

I like to cook outside, but if it is really bad weather, having an inside stove is good. I don't think I have used my stove inside, ever, though. Running water is nice, too, instead of pouring from a jug into a basin. I like warm water to wash in. Take out the water tank and the water heater, and you save weight. But, unless you take out the cabinetry, no gain in floor space.

I just don't see the value in stripping it to a shell, really. Having an enclosure to relax in is great. If it is simply four walls, there is much less appeal to sitting there. But, to each his own. I would get one with the slide, though, and not two beds. More room if you remove some of the cabinetry, so you can have more chairs set up.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote