View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #21
dallen1x

Yes MisterP, seriously.

I wasn't asking for input about my marginal vehicle, driving without trailer brakes, knowing the law, driving out of state, driving over mountain ranges or stopping distance.

But that's what I got.

I did get some good information and I appreciate that. Thanks ShrimpBurrito, I hadn't thought that the listed dry weight didn't include some items.

Maybe the question isn't for the typical TM owner.
Maybe some owner somewhere dropped their tanks, pulled out their stove because they like to cook outside, took off the broken A/C unit and put in a vent. Maybe someone took out their broken fridge and they carry a cooler instead. Maybe someone was able to take off their torn awning and they now use a pop-up blue canopy instead. I don't know what these things weigh.
Maybe someone got their 33' or 32' or 31' TM down 200, 300, 400 pounds.

I'M NOT GOING TO TOW A RIG THAT'S TO CLOSE TO MY TOW VEHICLE MAX.
I don't know how many ways to say that. This thread isn't about maxing out the TV.

Towing a fully loaded, fully complimented, large size TM with a tow vehicle that can only handle 3500lbs is NOT the question and never was.

Heck, a gutted and light weight 33', 32' or 31' TM may be better than staying in a motel or even a 24' TM. I do know that 4+ people in a small camper can get crowded on rainy days. I don't want to buy a Class A, I want to keep things simple and maybe the TM can help me do that.

That's why I figured the conversation could be redirected, restarted to the original question.
Every RV can be lightened up. Has anyone done it to their TM?
That is the question.