View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 02:54 PM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Carrying water hose accessories

I carry a few "hose-end accessories". You know, water thief, pressure regulator, pressure gauge, 45-degree connector for the side of the TM, 6" hose with a spring on it for easing sharp bends .... These can't stay on the hose, so they need to be carried elsewhere.

I carry my water hose in the tool compartment at the back of my TM, so it makes sense to carry these accessories in the same compartment. But it seemed they always ended up on the floor, getting lost, getting grubby, and making mud. I needed something better. The solution turned out to be ridiculously simple.

I bought 3 pounds of onions in a mesh bag. Ate the onions. Folded the top of the bag down inside a couple inches. Threaded husky twine through the mesh a few times around the bag at the fold. It's a closable mesh ditty bag, and it's free!

I screwed a cup-hook into the wood frame at the top-front of the tool compartment, and hang the bag from the hook. Now the hose accessories ride in the bag, stay clean, stay off the floor, and dry quickly. And they are easy to find when I am setting up in the dark. Wish I'd thought of it sooner.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bag.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	194  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote