View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #20
paul street

Default Update

Re-measured my tongue weight today; with unit folded up and latched down. Had full tank of water, 3 gal. in toilet and pots/pans/etc. Only things not in, clothes and food. Estimate that to be approx. another 3-400 lbs..; which will go over the axle or slightly ahead as recommended.

Anyway, today, following the bathroom scale method, this time the measurement was 390 lbs. Far cry from the aforementioned 500+ lbs with the unit opened.

Just thought I'd update those that were curious. Now I am 'fiddling' around with getting used to the brake control just installed and trying to get the correct settings on the wd hitch relative to the various weight measurements here and there.
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul street

Will do Bill. Yes, had overlooked mentioning that there is an awning; and had not taken that into consideration. Also the propone tanks, tongue, etc ; which is odd that trailmanor does not disclose all of this with their specifications; plus the fact that they don't differenate between open and closed which in my mind is the 'biggie'.

Had considered the half tank of water in it but as you say had also eliminated it due to it's location which is under the sink and over the axle. Also the air conditioner opposite the sink area adjacent to the range. These were not considered; in my 'newbie' mind that is.

Right now we are beginning to load her up with the permanent stuff. So when completed will take your comments along the others and see what the 'new day' brings regarding the adjusted tongue weight.

Thanks for all of the help. Very informative. Just a 'newbie' trying to get a handle on everything regarding to the towing and hitch requirements. Don't want to wind up in a ditch somewhere.