View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #22
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

If the tire is inflated only to the max pressure for which the tire is rated, the tire is not overinflated, and I don't think you're at any increased risk of tire failure. You might, though, start noticing there's a high spot on the tread, as evidenced by the center of the tread wearing faster than other parts of the tread.

The more immediate issue with having a tire that is inflated way beyond what is necessary to support the load is that the ride will be rougher. In a TM, that means things everything gets jostled around more. If you're not on particularly rough roads, that may just mean that screws come lose over time. But if you hit some nasty bumps or potholes, things might happen faster, so the oven might pull out from its mount, the wardrobe might rip out of where it's attached, etc.

I often travel on rough roads, and so for main interstate travel, I find my load range E rated tires do great at 65 psi. I might even get away with 60 psi. Their max psi is 80, and that definitely resulted in too rough a ride.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote