View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 11:52 AM   #21
MrGallegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Conventional wisdom - including from tire experts - says that 5 years is about all you can expect from trailer tires. Appearance doesn't matter, and it is common for good-looking tires to fail. Just ask me - I have done it several times.

I would suggest that you rummage around the Internet for info specific to trailer tires. Roger Marble is a good source, since he has no ax to grind. By contrast, tire manufacturers will either tell you that their tires last a long time or avoid avoid the issue entirely - they want you to buy their tires. And tire shops may overhype the problem, for the same reason - they want you to buy new tires from them.

So take my comments with a grain of salt - but do your own research to confirm or deny it.

Bill
Thanks, looks like a lot of good information to go over and consider, plus he has some informative links like this one https://www.rvsafety.com/rveducation...-tire-pressure

So if I read this correctly, even if we have PSI at the max level for the tire, it may actually be over-inflated if the trailer is empty or lightly loaded. Thus it seems what is needed is a table to determine what PSI to use based on the load, such as one for traveling with the trailer completely empty, such as taking it for repairs and one for a fully loaded camping trip.