View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
P M Owl

Default TM wannabe: Thanks, & a new question

Many thanks to all who responded.

The "Trailerlife.com" info, on surface appraisal, looks to be the most reliable, since it is the most specific as to make, model, & engine / transmission / rear axle driveline combinations. I love my TV almost as much as many of you love your TM's. I hunted for 3 months in the used vehicle marketplace to find my peculiar driveline combo (I'm a dyed-in-the-wool stick-shifter), and wintertime visits to grandkids in southwestern Colorado made 4WD a desired if not necessary part of the package.

When I had the little Jayco tent trailer, I tended to be of the "grab-n-go" and "what-can-possibly-go-wrong" school of unbridled optimism. Now that I have something a little heftier trundling around behind my Dakota, I decided to do some homework and (hopefully) become a little better "tow-educated".

OK . . . . . next question (for those of you who have pickup-type TV's):

I am somewhat less than enthralled with the slide-in bedliner that came with the truck, and am seriously considering dismounting my camper shell and sending the truck out somewhere for one of those "spray-in" bedliner treatments. Would anybody out there care to venture any strong pro or con opinions on this (and on the multitude of "spray-in" vendors out there)??

Gary