View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddad View Post
It is time to get the tv ready,and I am wondering what brake controller we should use?
My usual advice.

1. Read the brake controller tutorial in the Trail Manor Technical Library at the top of this forum. It is also called TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else (hate that name). The tutorials will keep you from making bad mistakes.

2. Buy a controller that uses the word "inertial" or "proportional" in the description. There are many, but they cost a bit more than the cheapies.

3. I am kind of A.R. about this, I know, but I REALLY want a controller that will read out amps of brake current instead of volts of brake voltage. It is amps that run the brakes, not volts. And it is lack of amps that will tell you that something is wrong, while the volts reading will keep whistling merrily along. I currently have an otherwise-excellent Prodigy controller that reads volts only, and I am getting ready to sell it at a discount and buy a controller that will read amps. We had a discussion about this sometime back, at
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=11688.

4. Wayne, I loved my Jordan controller, and would buy another in a heartbeat. But it eventually died, and I discovered that Jordan is gone for good. Not reorganizing, but gone. Hence my Prodigy.

Raddad, welcome aboard, and welcome to TMing. I know you can make a good choice in this very important area.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote