View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default Roof Leak = TM Factory Problem

See my other posts for background on this. Ed (at TM) first told me that roof panels are "one-piece and cannot be the reason for leaking." Said "leaks are around vents," and "the outside roof strip is just for looks; there's no point in removing it." So, I caulked the manual vent and the leaks were still there, when it rained again."

At second call, Ed then told me that "it is a one-piece roof that is made up of two sections that are held together with an epoxied tape." Also, that "sometimes, the tape delaminates and the roof leaks." I climbed back onto the roof and removed the old caulk. About two feet back from the lip of the front roof, discovered a section of delaminated tape. Using mineral spirits, I cleaned the edges of the trim and the top of the roof, then applied new caulk, all the way around the trim and the ends of the trim. When it rained, there were no more leaks.

I don't like being mislead or lied to by factory representatives. That caused me to waste my time following advice from the factory, and meant several days were spent (between rain storms) climbing up and down and around on the roof. Thanks to all of you who advised me on fixing this problem caused by defective manufacturing and misleading factory advice.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DelaminatedRoofwnote copy.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	4580  
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote