Thread: Tow Capacity ?s
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #12
RollingStones

Default ramblings from rolling stones

Hi Pinay, I posted the original "OMG What to do?? " post. We knew we wanted a TM 2619, but didn't have anything on our TV. I called around and found a locally owned garage who installed the tow pkg and the prodigy brake for less than $500, I think it was about $430ish. You have to buy the ball separate, it is about $35. We shopped around for a used TM, as we knew we couldn't afford a brand new one. On this forum, we found exactly what we wanted for our price and drove from San Diego to San Fran to pick it up. It is the best purchase we have ever made. Since our boys are finished w/ soccer, we now use it every other weekend. The 2619 offers plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 monkeys. The shower is FAB and my 4 yr old has a bath! I am so so so glad we did not impuslively buy something cheaper. If your vehical tows at least 3500 you're all set.
Also, for all the recommendations for a transmission cooler, when I took the car it to get one installed, they told me I already had 2! It must have come with the car.

Ok, enough rambling. I just wanted to offer words of encouragement. You won't regret it one bit.

cheers,
kristin