View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 10:57 PM   #19
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Sorry not to be clearer. At the moment, the torsion bar adjustment is maxed out, meaning that the adjuster bolt has pushed the top of the torsion bar stub up against the top of the hole in the bracket. If I grind off the top of the stub, it would make room to crank the adjuster bolt in one more turn, which twists the torsion bar a bit more, increasing the force. Similarly, if I open up the hole in the bracket a bit, I would be able to crank up the adjuster bolt another turn. Either ought to increase the amount of force that the torsion bar exerts on the shell, to raise it.

Makes sense - I hope? Wavery, both approaches happen at location A. I'm not sure what is at location B.

Bill

Oh I got yah now. I would thing that grinding the top of the stub may be easier than getting a grinder in the opening to widen it. In reality both would be difficult given the tight area these pocket stops and torsion bars are in. However this concept is an idea that I have not heard of befor. Of you ever do this I for one would be interested. The concept should yield result.

Question: does anyone know how much approximate upward force these torsion bars should exert for every full revolution of the bolt? It would just be nice to know approx how many turns one needs to go to get say an extra 100lbs. Ect.
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote