View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 11:38 AM   #31
CelNArt

Default 2022 West Coast to East Coast and Back

The electric tow vehicle for long distance hauling is not quite to the gas standard we enjoy YET.

The 100 mile range and 24 hour charging is not an option that blends well with a US Cross Country trip using my personal copied *Rule of 3-Threes protocol. (300 mile or less distance, 3:00PM or sooner arrival and 3 day camp stay.) I anticipate better battery designs will approximate the advantages we currently enjoy with fossil fuels.

An electric tow vehicle is however fine for 90% of local, (Less than 100 miles) camping trips using the same Rule of 3-Threes protocol. BUT... It ain't cheap.
San Diego, California has high Electric rates $.24/KWH and annual electric cost increases added to the charger purchase and maintenance costs. BUT...
An independent solar charging system might be cost effective over time if you are a DIY kind of guy. I am studying and considering this option.

I hope to acquire an older solar charge and storage system from a rich upgrader! Yes, I look on craigslist.org a lot looking for deals.

As I say. save money, Save Money, SAVE MONEY!

Art of CelNArt
CelNArt is offline   Reply With Quote