View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 09:06 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

It is a little funky, isn't it?

On my desktop computer, using Firefox as the browser, I repeated your experiment - click the Trailmanor radio button (incidentally, it's "radio", not "radial") - and I got the results you describe. Curtain ads first, then TMO pics, then TMO posts. Since I had not seen this behavior before, I repeated the same search. This time, the ads were missing! Just TMO pics, then TMO posts. I repeated the search several times, searching for "curtains", then searching for "hitch", then back to "curtains". Every time, no ads came back.

So I logged out of the forum, logged back in again, repeated the search - no ads!

Then I closed Firefox, re-opened it, brought up the Forum, did the same search for curtains. The ads are back! Repeated the search, no ads.

So what I am seeing is that the first time you use the Google search, it takes advantage of the opportunity to show you some ads. From then on, it does not. No wonder nobody trusts Google! And something about turning the browser off and back on again resets the situation.

Yep, funky. Anyone else seeing this?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote