View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 01:51 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

That box at the top is new. I'm not sure all the bugs are worked out yet, and the layout is terrible, at least on my computer. My observations are these.

In that new Search box, there are two radio buttons. The one on the left goes with the label "trailmanorowners.com". If you use this one, the search stays within the forum. The radio button on the right goes with the word "Google", and goes out to the world.

As Kidkraz noted, there is also a SEARCH in the blue ribbon between "New Posts" and "Quick Links". This one stays within the forum. It allows you to specify the name of the author if you know it, or do a general search throughout the forum. This is the search capability that comes as part of the vBulletin forum software, and it is not very good, at least for some searches.

My suggestion is to avoid the Google radio button entirely, and try to work with the other two. I hope to see improvement, at least in the layout of the upper search box, before too long.

Doreen, do you visit the forum with a computer, or a "smart" phone? I can imagine the phone makes things even harder.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote