View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
The3ofus

Smile Honda Ridgeline towing my TM

Well,
After reading the info on this Great Site and Ridgelineowners Site and Pm's from others who have pulled their TM with the Ridgeline. I noticed some use a sway, or WDH and some Don't use anything. I decided for now to stay with just the sway bar as an add on when towing. My first 500 mile trip was here in southern Missouri where there is plenty of rolling and steep hills. I have a small place hidden in the hills back in the National forest. When I hit the gravel unimproved road I stopped and took the sway control off. This was one thing I remember someone recommending and also not to back up with it attached. So this being said, The RL towed the TM just fine, probably just as good as my Silverado did. Had to actually at times look in the rearview mirror to remind myself I am pulling a trailer. It rev's a little more but it is a V6 and I got 14.3 mpg, not bad for first pull. The Tm was loaded with all camping gear, bedding, Tv, Micro,chairs, food, no water but both propane tanks were full. Also RL was loaded with chainsaw, oil, gas, 50' of rope and chains, deer hunting blind, guns/ammo, cooler full and etc... The primitive road I go in on is very rutty, rocky and bascially used only when I go there, one way in and one way out. Again, I do consider all recommendations on the setup of this vehicle and might have to consider another setup later. I wasn't able to stop at the weigh station on my trip do to heavy tractor trailer traffic but this is one thing I would like to do in the future for piece of mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12-17-09_1551.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	4238   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-17-09_1554.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	4239   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-17-09_1550.jpg
Views:	45