View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #8
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
Problem 3: A/C noise. The roof unit in our Legend is right over the bed, not ducted, and sounds like a jet engine -- especially when trying to sleep. Looks like the TM has a similar rooftop design, but I am hoping that the air conditioner is placed far enough from the bed that it's not a show-stopper. Remember that we live in hot weather here, so the AC is an important necessity.
Since I just used the TM to dry camp mostly in the cool weather since I bought it used last November, I have never used the AC while camping. I did try it out just to make sure it worked during 1 of the warmer days this spring, but decided to try it out again today in the 90s. It cooled down the TM to mid 70s within an hour, and it is not particularly noisy on low fan. The AC on the newer units (after 2002 I think) is mounted on the front shell away from the back bed, and some of the older units the AC was mounted beside the stove as a side mount unit. And on my TM, as I think most of the newer 1s, you can take the rear privacy curtain out of the slides, and mount the curtain on velcro on the wardrode cabinet and bathroom wall so that the air from the AC still flows over the curtain into the back bed area.

The TM is a lot less obnoxious than those confounded ACs in motel rooms !!!

Chap