View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
camp2canoe

We, too, are insured with State Farm for our TM. Just a note to advise, if you aren't aware of this, but there may be advantages to having all your insurance with one carrier. We insure a house, two motorcycles, a sailboat, a truck, a car and our TM. We receive premium reductions for Multiple Line and Multicar. Those discounts are reasonably significant. We also have an umbrella policy with State Farm which, as long as we maintain the required liability coverages (e.g. $100,000/300,000 on the vehicles), covers us up to $1,000,000. We pretty well paid for that policy by dropping my car insurance from the $500,000 single limit I used to carry down to the required $100,000/300,000. The umbrella includes underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage up to that $1,000,000 limit - that is coverage that protects you in the event that you are hit by someone who has no insurance or minimal insurance while you are enroute to a TM Rally. It may be worth your while to examine your coverage and rates with agents for a couple of reputable insurance carriers. You might also check to see if your state has an insurance department website that lists complaint frequency for any carrier you may be considering. - Camp2Canoe

P.S. I am a lawyer, not an insurance salesman!