View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Berkly

So reading through all these threads about leaks, what to look for when you drive off with your trailer, etc... Ive read both checklists by Ed and Mike which are quite comprehensive. And good material, thanks for your efforts.

Should the dealer run a quality control over the TM or should i assume the factory sealed all seams correctly. From what Ive been reading, the factory dosent exactly have very good quality assurance in this regard.
Here are a couple things I think I will scope out before i drive away.
1. Check roof for gaps, holes, bubbles, dents, and tell the dealer to seal with caulk.
2. Spray water all over trailer to find any leaks i might have missed.

Once at home I think I will replace all wire nuts with soldered and shrink plastic, or is this overkill. Has anyone had problems related to the wire nuts?

Also seal all holes on the undercarriage with either spray foam or caulk. Seems like a little insurance for a more effecient living space.

I was also thinking about spraying foam insulation on my grey water tank to help with freezing on cold nights. If it gets really cold Ill just add antifreeze. Has anyone insulated their tanks? results?

Thanks for your time

cm