View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 03:18 AM   #8
Bill & Lisa

One thing I would elaborate on that RMR said that makes a big difference for less than a $5 investment. - The "draft stop tubes". These are swim noodles, or pipe wrap insultation that are inserted up in the "gap" along the side of the beds (from outside) after you pull them out in place. In a 3023 all that covers this 2-3" wide gap is the "flap" you fold down inside and secure with velcro. We have camped as low as 18F and camp year round. Those thin flaps not only transfer some cold drafts to the inside but also are a prime target for condensation of the moist air inside the trailer. This condensation normally will get absorbed into the bed sheets since the sheets normally touch the flaps. Not what I want to be part of my camping experience. Sticking pipe insulation up in the gaps has greatly reduced the drafts in the bed areas and eliminated the wet sheets. We also started using them in the warmer months as they help keep the cool inside the TM from escaping to the outside as well.

We did have problems with the low point drains freezing once and I also had to use a hair dryer to unfreeze my black water slide valve once but so did our neighbor in his class A.

Bill