View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #16
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Garage Questions

My question is, can a couple of relatively small humans do any significant moving of this smallest of TM's by hand if it can't be accurately positioned by the TV?

We have the exact same situation that you describe - a drive-under garage perpendicular to the driveway. I use a trailer dolly to help maneuver the trailer (also a TM 2619) into the garage. The dolly is much easier to steer with than the small single wheel on the jack.

Unfortunately there is a small incline in the concrete apron, in front of the garage, that makes getting over it a little more "challenging". Even with the dolly, it takes two adults to steer the trailer into the garage. The garage is standard 8 foot width, and I thus only have few inches of clearance on each side, so we have to be very careful. BTW, the TM has a fold away hitch, so once I get the trailer in the garage, and swing the hitch, I have quite a bit of lengthwise room. Actually the trailer would fit in the garage without the swing away option, but I wouldn't have as much room.
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote