Thread: Do they leak?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
k_and_p_camping

Default Any trailer can leak...

... from lousy sealant in the seams. However, the TM isn't prone to leak in side-ways rain. I've never gotten water in at the sides.

Our trailer, bought used, leaked badly the first time we took it out. The dealer we bought it from had power-washed it and a lot of sealant was just gone. In my mind, shame on us for not checking before driving away. Since the holes in the roof sealant were obvious to the eye I can't blame anyone but us! However, we went camping the next weekend and all it did the entire time was rain. It rained while we were putting it up, it rained while we were putting it down, and it rained the entire time in between! We dried up the drips, took it home, and did what we should have done earlier: checked all seams and re-did the sealants where needed. This is actually something you should do at least every year.

BTW: The drips we got in the trailer were not from putting it up and taking it down in the rain, just from the bad sealants. I figured out then and there that I just loved this trailer!

Pam