View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Lisa
One option not on the list is the 40 Gal potable water tank vice the 20. we have the 40 gal on our unit. It may not be on option on all models since I believe the 2720's have their tank under the sink. Ours is under one of the couches
My 2005 TM 272 was ordered with the 40 gallon tank under the street side seat. This past weekend I used all but a few gallons in a dry camp at a race. 2o gallons would only last me through a weekend. I am glad I had the 40 gallon tank.

It was muddy, glad I had vinyl instead of carpet.

I discovered that if the wind is strong enough to fly a kite is is strong enough to rip the awning. Not sure what I will do to repair/replace it. The factory awning requires zero wind.

We always use the hanging cabinet.

Since we mostly dry camp the microwave is of no use. In the future I might buy a small one to take on the rare trip where we have hookups. The gas oven makes nice biscuits and cookies. Trust me.

Without the swing away tongue I would have gotten the 2619 instead of the 2720. We like the queen bed and extra storage. There is a recent thread where Dinuba RV is apparently now recommending that they add the swing tongue as a modification instead of the factory tongue. I also have a long thread regarding the cracked tongue I encountered. Basically, if the swing tongue allows you to get a longer unit into the garage then go for it. If you have no need for it then skip it.

For the rest of your questions I have nothing to add beyond what others have already said.