View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
BobRederick

galyna,

Answer 1) The top half does indeed come down over the bottom half. Between them are seals ~1 inch thick all around the edges and attached to the top half. The owners manual says to close the curtains to make opening & closing easier (apparently the curtrains drag). I haven't any indication they drag on the outside shell on any of the windows. The curtains are still clean after maybe 3000 miles and 20 or 30 setups. Some folks clean the outside before folding, but I don't.

Answer 2) I have a friend who pulls a 3326 from indiana to az and stays in it all winter. They are retired with no pets. They do it over & over, so it works for them. They stay in a travel trailer park with all the amenities including ball room, hobby rooms, computers, dining, mail rooms, etc. I bought mine with this in mind as well. Maybe 1 month on the road to start with. We haven't done that yet. Only you can know if it is enough space. Its like a one-room motel studio layout. If you can stand that, you can probably stand the TM. OTOH, I don't know of anyone else doing that.

Answer 3) I can't really answer that with authority as I don't have experience with other campers. I have used a Coleman for 10 years. This won't take the rough roads like a Coleman. You will get dust inside and seal wear against the walls and ciellng. Some think it is top of the line. It does need repair. It isn't a home as you appear to understand and needs a lot more maintenance than a home. I think I would place it about in the middle of the group considering motorhomes and travel trailers. They all need work to stay on the road. Some need a lot and it can be very expensive in a motor home. Meantime it is in a dealership being worked on.

Answer 4) I think you will like the galley and dinette layout a lot for your intended use. You can reach into the refrig, the oven or stove top, and the pantry without getting out of the chair. You are not carying food over the carpet. You will not have to take down your office to eat or play cards or watch TV.

The tables do not close in the center. There is a leaf ~18 or 24 inches wide that does close the gap if you want it. The gizmo that lowers the leg is easy to run down too far and drop out the end. This is a standard camper leg, so not probably different from another camper and you will quickly learn how to lower the leg without pulling it out. And yes, it will support a laptop. I have used it to build a model plane on. It is pretty sturdy, but not something for a person to sit on. It is a foam core table with wood laminated over it just as all the other counter tops and dinette are.

Answer 5) The 3326 friends of mine had a Costco rack of drawers that looks like a small filing cabinet. It was placed beside the refrigerator. You can see from the floor plan on the web site how many square feet there are to work with. Print the floor plan out, blow it up, and put paper doll furniture on it. I use door hangers to make hooks to hang things like trash bag, duffle bag, etc from the wall at cabinet height. They go under the velcro.

I think you will be taking out the lounge chair to get the floor space you need, but maybe the chair is where you will work. You might want to purchase a 2nd hanging cabinet and figure where you would hang it.

I hope that helps. Remember, this is my opinion only. YMMV. I had in mind what you are planning when I purchased mine. DW is not very well at this time and we haven't been able to take advantage of it or I could tell you more. I absolutely love the times we have spent in it. I go over my photos over and over and love every minute of it. Last trip was to Rocky Point Mexico which left fond memories indeed.

Best wishes.