View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #1
galyna

Default 3326 King - Good for motel room and office?

My fiance and I are looking at buying some sort of TT or RV that would comfortably house the two of us and our 3 cats for months at a time in an RV park. Our jobs require frequent travel and long stays far from home, and this seems much more practical than a hotel - especially when you figure in our pets! We don't want a big motorhome thing, we DO want something that a Jeep can haul comfortably, we don't want a brick that will sink our gas mileage, and while we want space we DON'T need more than one bed. I can't stand canvas pop-ups. So it looks like a TrailManor might be the way for us to go. I've gone over this website and several others referring to TrailManors and I've still got a few questions.

1) The inside of the top half slides up and down over the outside of the bottom half, right? So how do you keep the road dust, mud, etc. that can get on the outside of the bottom half from staining the curtains and walls of inside of the top half? Is that a worry at all, and if not what makes it work right? I've read that you can raise and lower them in the rain without anything getting wet, but we're not sure we understand the mechanics of it.

2) Do you think two adults and three cats could comfortably share the space of a 3326 King for, say, four months running? How do the layout and the amenities hold up over long-term use, if power and such are supplied through the park?

3) I realize that maintenance on ANY type of TT is something you need to stay on top of. Is the TrailManor better, worse, or about average in this department? I'm not exactly mechanically inclined!

4) Appealing features of this particular layout are the two expanding tables by the sofa. Those would be ideal places for us to set up our laptops and get to work. How sturdy are the tables? Will they support a laptop, paperwork, and maybe a drink? And when both are opened out, is there any space between them? Clearing the surface and lowering the table every time we need to get a new file or a drink seems a bit annoying to me.

5) Is there available floorspace to add a very small folding table or a 2-drawer filing cabinet? We need some place to organize and store whatever we're working on.

The nearest dealer is a bit away, and we can't spare the time right now to drive a few hours to go look at one. We're hoping to have the decision pretty much made before we hit a dealer. Any advice here would be helpful!

~galyna