View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 06:37 AM   #17
CrohnieBoy

Post Reply: All

Thanks again for all the responses/help.

This place is a salvage yard. For the most part I don't think they fix them up at all. I think he just buys cheap and sells at a profit.

I am truly torn on what to do. I have wanted a TrailManor for a long time, but just don't have it in the budget to get one. Here is a chance for me to get one, but I don't know how much work I will have to do. I guess I will just have to go with my gut when I see it on Saturday. If I see it and decide (or the DW decides) I don't want it, I'll be sure to post all the info I have here so one of you can get it if you like.

If I do get it (big IF right now). I am concerned about how I will get it home. We have the tow vehicles, that isn't my concern. I can grease the axles before leaving, so that shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully the tires have a hundred miles left in them, or that may be a problem. I am worried about the part of the front shell that is loose possibly catching air on the drive back. THAT would be a problem (as he rips the entire side of his camper off.) I don't know if duct tape would work or if I'd need to find a way to secure some angle iron over it or something???

Just for the record, I hate all these unknowns. I am a programmer. I work in absolutes. Either it is or it isn't. No grey area.

Oh well, I'll keep you posted with my ramblings. Hopefully luck will shine on me and it will just be a freak separation issue and all the wood is good, and all the appliances work, and ........ etc. etc. etc.

Brian