View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 12:11 PM   #18
2619PDX

Default Re:What won you over??

We bought our TM 2619 because it is a real hard sided trailer that happens to fold down.

When I make campground reservations, I tell the park that I have a 26 foot travel trailer.

Anyway, my wife wanted something she would feel comfortable towing. We looked at the Alpine and Chalet trailers, but they were too small, and we looked at Hi-Lo trailers too.

We also looked at the traditional Coleman pop-up, but my wife would have nothing to do with them since we live in Oregon and contrary to public perception : it rains a lot up here, so it would be wet inside from folding down the plastic and canvas top...

I did some research on the web and found the TrailManor. We liked the basic layout of the TM, and the ease of towing it. We bought ours used after doing much research both on the net and off.

As far as leakage goes, yes, several of our members - including myself - have experienced leaks. Keep in mind that no matter what RV you get, the older it gets, the more potential you have for leaks.

In my case, I had to recaulk the seam behind the awning on the door side. I still haven't done every seam yet. The amazing thing is that in my case again, the leak only happened in the down position!

We've used our trailer in some heavy rainstorms over the last two years, and in my opinion, there is no better place to be as it is warm, dry and comfortable inside!!

Hope this helps!

Gregg