View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 05:47 PM   #7
OrangeKid

Default Re:Tire Margins on 2619

If you fill your water tank (assuming 20 gallons) you will be at the weight limit of the axle and heavier on the drivers side. Fill the water heater and you have exceeded the limits. And you haven't even put anything in the refrigerator or the black and gray water tanks. What about people that have 40 gallon tanks? The manufacturer should not offer options that allow the weight limits of the trailer axle or tires to be exceeded.

One can even argue that a TM with a 20 to 40 gallon tank, black water tank, (gray water?) and refrigerator all on one side represents a poor engineering design. I puts an uneccessary burden on the owner to try to pack the TM so that the overall weight is equally distributed on both wheels of the trailer. It might be an impossible task.

Another observation. Several people on this board have reported blown tires; has anyone ever reported a failed axle? The information suggests that tires fail much more often than axles. I submit that tires are the limit.

I think the RV industry is where the automobile industry was 30 - 40 years ago when cars had tires and brakes that were inadequate to the task.

Thanks, I will check the FAQ that you recommended.