View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be a bolt at the top of the white support arm that will adjust height of the shell. This bolt is only visible when the shells are closed, because when the shells open, this bolt rotates to be inside the pocket stop.
It's my understanding that that bolt is to adjust how close to vertical the support arms will go. In other words, if you can't pull the shell open enough so that the support arms are true vertical, then you need to loosen that bolt inside the pocket stop, to allow the support arm to swing up more. If you can pull the shell open so far that the support arm moves past vertical, and leans towards the front of the open shell, then that bolt needs to be tightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post

The torsion bars themselves will not adjust the height of the shell. They will only adjust the ease of lifting. Too much tension, and you will have difficulty closing the shells.
The 4 bolts on the bottom of each support bar are not the bolts that you adjust for the torsion bars. They hold the vertical portions of the torsion bars in place, inside the support arms. Adjusting those will only shorten, or lengthen, the distance between the actual torsion bar and the bottom edge of the shell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	support arms 2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	15310