Thread: Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #21
jkeck555

It is nice to actually see an internet forum where things don't denigrate into name calling. Thanks for all the responses. I am still not sold on the cadillac. This is all future planning. I have two years left to pay for my wife's car before I buy another one. What I can tell you is for now I am planning on buying a smaller vehicle most likely some sort of crossover station wagon. The main idea behind this is to have a vehicle that I can use as other than a tow vehicle. To popbeavers I can assure you when it is time for me to be towing frequently and going up and down those mountain roads I will be applying the 80% rule because I have seen what happens to travel trailers when they aren't towed responsibly. My parents owned a 28 foot travel trailer they loaned to a friend. He was speeding down the highway and when the trailer started to sway he slammed on the brakes and the trailer got away from him. It ripped off the hitch and went tumbling down the side of the road. There was nothing left of the trailer and he bent the frame of my dad's truck. This was on a straight flat road. I learned right there that towing requires a lot more patience and planning ahead than driving without a trailer.