View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 06:58 PM   #28
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenne & Len View Post
We are home after 6 weeks in the West......the Highlander did fine pulling our 3124. We had way too much stuff, so we were heavier than we will be next time. Len loaded carefully, always attempting to put our heaviest loads over the axle in the trailer and forward in the Highlander, and he checked tongue weight before we left. We went over many mountain passes - the highest was 10,200 altitude, and we did fine. We were going 45 on the longest, highest stretches, but so were the big trucks. On the lower grades we were able to go full speed. We down shifted on down grades with little actual use of our brakes. I worried, but Len thought things were fine. We got 13 to 14 mpg when climbing, and up to 36 mpg on the downgrades. On the run over the rockies from Steamboat to Fort Collins we averaged 21 MPG. Cruise control is a problem on anything but minor grades. The system abruptly upshifts skipping gears to maintain speed within a one mile range.

As for the upgrade to a 3124 - I LOVE it! We were totally comfortable for 6 weeks in it. The extra dresser, the longer, deep counter make a huge difference. The King bed is wonderful. I miss our booth, but the sofa with tables worked fine.
Glad it's working for you.
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote