View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #16
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i looked at the bullets. they are nice but too heavy.when i researched

the honda ridgeline it has a max 5000 pound tow rating

because it has a unique all wheel drive system honda discourages the use of a wdh(notice i said discourages not flat out says no)

the low sided trail manor pop-up is a good match for this truck.

a light regular sided trailer especialy with wind resistance at higher speeds is not. but can be done if total loaded weight kept below
4500 pounds. i suspect a loaded elkmont would be too heavy . i suggest you look for true elkmont weights with options before you decide

gerry
Actually, the reports that have been coming in here have shown that the fully loaded Elkmont is equal to or less than a fully loaded 2720SL fold-up model. This is because they are similar construction but the fold-up model has all of the hardware of the lifting mechanism and the trailer must be more heavily reinforced in certain areas.

One of our members has a PDF file with all of the actual reported weights from all of the members that have reported. He will be posting that this week. You may find some of the actual reports very interesting. Most of the reports are done from actual scale weights, fully loaded for camping and very detailed.