View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
MariaG

We are working on the rear shell of our TM and are leaving in a couple of weeks for a trip to Canada. I called the factory - the number for Ed, specifically - and left messages on three consecutive days last week. No response. I made it clear in the message that I needed the part ASAP as we were trying to finish a project and had an upcoming trip. Nada. On day four I called the main number and was told "we don't do parts anymore, your nearest dealer is in Ohio" and was given a phone number. I guess I was supposed to be psychic and just know this new development. No apology, no explanation why someone couldn't have called to let me know, etc. If I hadn't called the other number I probably never would have known. Poor customer service IMO, and I was quite irritated.

I then called M&M Camping in Trenton, MI and a gal named Kim answered. She took my info and called me back so fast I couldn't believe it. She had contacted the factory, gotten all the info (ship date, price, etc.) and called back for me to confirm. I gave her my CC info and she called the factory back to stress that I needed this ASAP. Of course they were closed and it was Friday but she assured me they had told her it would go out Monday and she would call first thing to make sure it did. I was much more impressed by this customer service and said so.

The part is the foam rubber strip that goes inside the bag seal. The part cost was around $18 for 30 feet, and the shipping was around $12. I thought this was excessive but I need it and couldn't find it locally so......here we are. Hoping I will have delivery tomorrow.

In the four or five times I have had to order things from TM, I have had poor customer service more often than not. I know they are in the South and seem to enjoy a slower pace of life, but it would sure be nice if they acquired a little Yankee urgency in their business. When people need parts, they need them quickly.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote