View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM-JLM View Post
We entered Alaska and stayed in Tok then on to Fairbanks, Denali, Wasilla, Ft Richardson in Anchorage, Kenai (The Salmon arrived in the river the day we got there and couldn't find a campsite), Ninilchick, Homer, Palmer, Glennallen, Valdez and back to Tok. It was a full round trip of the state, atleast where the roads were navigable with the TM! The roads were in fine condition nearly everywhere! The Yukon was by far the worst condition but are always under repair! Once you uderstand that the little red flags all along the road mean "Crawl" and not just slow down, you've got it made! I learned to follow other RV's at a distance and when I saw their rear wheels leave the ground, I had time to reduce to a crawl! That is if dust permitted!

We've been home for 4 days now and after the third day My DW told Me She is ready to hit the road again! I am all for it but just wish there was someplace cooler to go that wasn't so far away!

Sorry Earl I thought I mentioned the diver down flags along the highway

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote