View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Talking Florida to Alaska to Florida in 50 days

Yeah! We did it! Our trip was nearly flawless. A few minor battery charging problems but nothing I couldn't handle! The TrailManor is slightly worn from all the shaking, rattling and rolling on the ALCAN Hwy! Nothing broken though. Lots of learning in the process though! How to insulate this and how to store that, It all became routine!

To anyone thinking about going to Alaska, My only suggestion is to stay in the USA to Washington State! We crossed the border in North Dakota and will always regret it! The fuel prices skyrocketed and our fuel economy dropped by 2miles per gallon! Along with that it was and endless view of Canola in bloom on flat land! British Columbia was a welcome site for its scenic value! BTW, the fuel prices continued to rise as we went west! The worst was in The Yukon @ $1.76 per litre ($155.00 to fill tank). By comparison the lowest was in Saskatchewan @ $1.09 per Litre! Don't get me started on how much they charge for Ice in Canada! Roflmao! All in all we blew a pile of money in Canada over and above USA cost! If you use a MC or Visa you are charged a healthy conversion rate on your bill! Sorry for the "RANT" but that is the only part of the trip I wish I had done more research on!

Oh by the way, Our final Border Crossing back to the state we were searched, Trailmanor and all! They said the TrailManor triggered a sensor of some sort! Never gave us a good explanation but did apologize for our inconvenience!

It looks like I am running out of space so will write more about Alaska soon! It was sooooooo worth it!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote