View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 08:50 AM   #9
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
This may be the silliest TM improvement ever, but I like it.

Our TM has the over-sink hanging cabinet. It can be a pain to hang, because it can be a bit heavy and clumsy, even when empty. And when you raise it to the proper height, you can’t see the mounting brackets, so you are hanging blind. It has to be positioned quite accurately left-right before you lower into the final position, and when I mis-aim a bit, it scratches the wall.

As you can see in the pictures, both the wall half and the original cabinet half (on left) of the bracket pair have vertical sides, so your left-right aim has to be pretty good to get them to mate. What I did was round off the square corners of the cabinet half (on right), so that it would tolerate a bit of left-right error and still mate. It works for me!

Bill
Bill,

The Factory changed the type of bracket that goes on the top, back of the hanging cabinet - see thumbnails of my cabinet. I can see where the "hooks" you show would make it difficult to line up the cabinet with the wall plates. My hanging cabinet is easier to mount since the hooks are not as wide as the opening in the wall bracket. They also have the correct profile for ease of mounting onto the wall.

Dick

Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5241 (Large).JPG
Views:	44
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	20803   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5242 (Large).JPG
Views:	52
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	20804   Click image for larger version