View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 09:48 AM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammo1 View Post
I have to wait for new bulbs to arrive and I don't know that is the problem. If one was burned out it wouldn't affect the others, right?
A single burned out bulb would not cause an all-lights-out problem. Bulbs are wired in parallel, not series, so a burned out bulb does not open the current-flow path.
Quote:
I installed a new battery a few months ago, and right now camper is plugged in.
Both of these provide power, and cannot interrupt power.
Quote:
I don't think I have a bathroom wall switch for lights. I looked around and I can't find a switch anywhere like that.
Fold down the shower walls. With those walls down and out of the way, look at the top of the short wall between the tub and the bed. Do you see a shiny metal push-button? This is the switch. Push it firmly with your thumb, and hold it down. Do the lights function normally while you hold it down?

All that said, these mass failures are usually due to an open (disconnected) ground connection that serves the entire string of lights. Occasionally it can be due to an open (disconnected) power wire that feeds the string. It is not hard to tell the difference if you have a voltmeter. Do you have one, or access to one? Once we have determined which one we are looking at (assuming it is one of those), we can begin to find the fault.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote